We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
One of my favorite car shows is CarFix with Jared Zimmerman and Lou Santiago. Jared and Lou give some great advice while having a good time. Which is what our hobby is all about!
An older car project can seem overwhelming. Break it down into easily manageable steps.
Watch Jared and Lou Evaluate an Older Car
In this video, Lou and Jared take a look at an older C3 Corvette and they give us some quick tips on how to evaluate this or any older car.
- Make sure all engine parts move freely
- Take the spark plugs out and inspect
- Drain the oil and transmission fluid and inspect
- Spray lubricant in the cylinders so the engine will spin freely
- Remove all old belts
- Put a socket on the crank bolt. See if the engine spins over. If it spins it’s now time to buy some performance parts for your new project car!
What older car project are you working on?
Photo via: farm9.staticflickr.com